· You know, all mystics - Catholic, Christian, non-Christian, no matter what their theology, no matter what their religion - are unanimous on one thing: that all is well, all is well. Though everything is a mess, all is well. Strange paradox, to be sure. But, tragically, most people never get to see that all is well because they are asleep. They are having a nightmare.
· What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.
· We're crazy, We're living on crazy ideas about love, about relationships, about happiness, about joy, about everything.
· Pleasant experiences make life delightful. Painful experiences lead to growth.
· Loneliness is not cured by human company. Loneliness is cured by contact with reality.
· Where there is love there are no demands, no expectations, no dependency. I do not demand that you make me happy; my happiness does not lie in you. If you were to leave me, I will not feel sorry for myself; I enjoy your company immensely, But I do not cling.
· "How shall I get liberation?"
"Find out who has bound you," said the Master.
The disciple returned after a week and said, "No one has bound me."
"Then why ask to be liberated?"
That was a moment of Enlightenment for the disciple, who suddenly became free.
All Quotes by Anthony de Mello