Drinking Alcohol taught me how to fly
Then it took away the sky....

Friday, February 18, 2011

LISTEN CAREFULLY TO LEARN

When speaking with another I sometimes put 
my own meaning into the others words. 
And sometimes it turns out other than intended, 
maybe intruding into a Fourth Dimension:



A reporter was interviewing a woman on her hundredth birthday. She seemed an extraordinarily vivacious sort of person who delighted in recalling her past. She had lived from the age of the covered wagon to the age of the supersonic jet, and she seemed eager to describe it all.

When the interview was over she still seemed eager to talk, so the reporter tried to think up some question that would keep the conversation going. “Have you ever been bedridden?” he asked.

Oh dear, yes,” she said with a slight blush, “dozens of times. And twice in a haystack.”


old_lady_by_k0dy
(in Deviant Art)


Yesss, another De Mello, 
"The Heart of the Enlightened" 
page 118


8 comments:

  1. snort....hay makes me itch a bit but....

    and thats my name up there...ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laughter...i needed that Steve!!
    Love this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CARRIE BURTT!
    Well Carrie, this was copied just for YOU then.

    Also a short joke now and then gives me some breathing time. Thanks!

    COLLEEN!
    :) sometimes means more then 500 words. Thanks!

    BRIAN!
    So long as you don't acquire hay FEVER!

    Yes, your name is up there. Sorry I didn't ask, it won't happen again, got carried away! It will be down in 5 minutes.
    PEACE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAGPIE!
    Thank you. Next will about a real joke--ME! Maybe.

    KRISTIN!
    ::eyes rolling back:: I love your serious blog posts, really. Felt like posting a 'nothing' one today...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You...
    Just LOL
    And love that picture- I really do. it's like a mixture of my grandmother and myelf in 30 years...

    ReplyDelete