Drinking Alcohol taught me how to fly
Then it took away the sky....

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A FANTASY ON SILENCE



 SHHHHH!

Ah! Sweeter than all:
Silence! Utter quiet.
Outside of and
inside me.


 inside—that's
where troublesome
continues residence.
 
One quality makes
wonderful that world
of life prenatal...
SILENCE!
 
Is it that womb-life
which holds the
memory of
silence -so dear?
Then—so 'they' say--
next silence shall
happen at last breath,
in the tomb.
*
Not gloom! 
only another mystery, 
a life full of nothing old
*
'Tween womb and tomb:
calamitous existence,
life of breathing, doing--
*
HAPPENINGS!
*
and noise, noise, noise!
When will it stop?
Cannot stand it any more...

REALLY!

S T O P !!!!
*
*
*
Emptying my head
of noisy thought...
ALL thought.
Ah! Once more,
silence. PEACE!
Meditate.
Just "be with"
...the Universe
*
*
Only then, now--
the gift Enlightenment
chances to
immerse itself
into all.

-steveroni

NOTE: While riding, my head 
does empty somewhat
and these kinds of thoughts
drift by like a cinema
* NOT the cause of my accident! OK?--grin! *


Written for D'VERSE  Open Link Night, Week #29

14 comments:

  1. glad it was not the cause of your accident...haha...we are given a gift between womb and tomb to do with as we will..and def need to find those times of peace in the cachophony....

    ReplyDelete
  2. silence and the gift of enlightenment ~ i like this Steve ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. When thought is noisy, my mouth will be quiet.

    I cannot handle both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noise is life and yet the mystery of life is in the silence, the betweens perhaps. I try to meditate daily and boy is it noisy inside...it's nice when monkey mind takes a vacation though. Doing something you love like riding can silence that monkey pretty well. And glad meditation wasn't the cause of your accident Steveroni. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and permission granted...to come aboard that is. Ships a little small though. ;-)Thanks for your comment on my poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing.



    Well noise is destruction.I can't stand loud noises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some silence within would be nice right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true, my dear friend,
    so often sweet Silence can only be found in spots like tombs...

    Great poem
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A thought provoking poem, indeed. Silence is both terrifying and cherished.

    Peace,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silence is a gift at times... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Learning to be silent, not just the mouth but also the mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cherish the quiet times, especially lately. The endless chatter in my head can be still and all goes blank.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I meditate every day..& I've not been the cause of an accident either. :-)~Mary

    ReplyDelete