Drinking Alcohol taught me how to fly
Then it took away the sky....

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

MEMORY--OH! WHERE YOU GO?



DREAMS

Dreams borrowed from god of night,
next day trying in vain to recall
so to excite with my pondered write

Straining to replace what's melted away:
Inspiration
perspiration
Respiration
might they together "save the day"

OR....

Wheels of my mind...HALT!
STOP! in your suddenly meshing grind
In frozen moment, press Shift, Control, Alt...
realize what was lost was not mine.

Allowing thoughts of serene peace and love
to silently meet with me at the first of light.
--Smiles

--steveroni
07/15/2014

I performed a Google "image search", could not find source...


10 comments:

  1. i like th epeace that comes first light...or watching the world wake up around me...bringing the jumble between my ears to a halt...and for a moment, a breath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice grab for memory- Too bad the swan didn't put her wings up around the sleeper as she would the cygnets( but then we would miss the dress)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great word: cygnets...almost musical!--grin! :-P

      Delete
  3. What a delightful way of looking at it... memory is a fickle thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words of wisdom and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try to bookmark, write footnotes, or change for a higher gigabytes hard disk.

    A dream is only part of the game of the God of night.

    Or can you negotiate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the opening stanza..trying to remember those dreams..I am a big dreamer and I keep several dream journals so I don't forget my dreams borrowed from God of night..

    Missed seeing you around..for old times

    Peace & Light my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seem to sleep most deeply just before dawn. Lately I've had a lot going on so some nights haven't been as restful as I would like. Hope that you and Anna are doing well.

    ReplyDelete