Drinking Alcohol taught me how to fly
Then it took away the sky....

Monday, February 18, 2013

ALL I KNOW IS ALL I KNOW

This post will appear also on dVerse Poets Pub
Tuesday February 19, 2013 after 3 PM...

on OLN Open Link Night  #84


LOTTA GREAT poems there, Peeps!



SEE A "HEART" IN THE COASTER DESIGN? LOVE IS EVERYWHERE, PEEPS!
Disney World Coaster Photo by friend KIM ERRIGO


The following written as
comment to blogger friend:

MY CLOUD OF UNKNOWING

I know, I know...you do not read these comments! OK.
That first line:  "I know, I know" written of something 
which I do not really "know". 

I have become an "UnKnowing" Peep. 
Started out knowing whatever you wanted me to know 
(and some things, you didn't--smile!). 
In fact, only ONE "knowing" remains: 
I know God is LOVE--by deFinition. 
That is all. 
That's all I know. 
Please do not argue that with me, 
because at my age there is not much time to waSte(veroni. HA!)

God is love. This, revealed to me as, 
through an erRor, I pulled up a post you wrote August 2, 2012.  
Though a mistake (Sheeesh!) I read it anyway. 
Turned out I had commented 3 times on that post--(
BTW, not a record for me (smile).

Knowing but one thing (which in effect is a lot) 
I admit to BELIEVING anything and everything. 
But, dammmit, I do not UNDERSTAND anything--
even that LOVE of which the UniVerse is created. 

Cloud of UnKnowing rains
Chaos of ConFusion reigns

Finding the way out only took 
38 years of following a 
"simple-but-not-easy" program, 
following a way of life 
(for me, saved my life!) 
Alcoholics Anonymous. 

As a human bEing, I be. 
Sometimes that's not easy,
 to just "BE"! 

Being part of God's love, as expressed 
in the largely-unknown UniVerse, 
I learn--express my soul in lovingness. 
Loving is (again) simple, but not easy. 
Accomplished by actions. 

The Peeps I work with are constantly thinking of and helping others, 
first, to stay sober, then to help them realize we do NOT have the answer--
we are under a Cloud of UnKnowing. 
But we do have a solution. 
A portion of that is dOing.
--smilingly, he says..."UNDERSTAND?" 

LOVE and PEACE to all who may read this
and to all who may NOT.............
--steveroni

14 comments:

  1. sometimes it is not easy to just BE, but that is a whole lot better than just DOing, we are so much a Do-Do culture...smiles.. and there is humility in knowing nothing but God, there is plenty i cant figure out as well or understand...but i do know love..and know i love you brother...always a pleasure to see you...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and Peace to you too Steve, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, it's a beautiful presentation of your positive feelings.
    Very nice of you to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not going to argue with you...smiles but wholeheartedly agree..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree and am with you 100%. Sometimes people try to over analyze the love of god.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, I shall not argue with you.

    I see God in you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! By the way, I see "Anonymous" is spamming your comment section too...almost enough to drive a person to drink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very encouraging. Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete